`Eye-tracking biometric tech can bring revolution in password authentication system`
Washington: A recent study has revealed that eye-tracking technology could be vital for creating an authentication system that doesn`t rely on passwords.
Passwords are still the most common electronic authentication systems, protecting everything from our bank accounts, laptops and email to health information, utility bills and, of course, our Facebook profiles.
While fingerprint, eye and face-recognition authentication technology is progressing, these biometric security systems haven`t yet gone mainstream.
Lead researcher Cecilia Aragon, a University of Washington associate professor of human centered design and engineering, has said that a biometric authentication system not only require efficiency and accuracy, but also something that people trust, accept and don`t get frustrated with.
The International Association for Pattern Recognition`s International Conference on Biometrics has found out that speed, accuracy and choice of error messages were all important for the success of an eye-tracking system.
Researchers have developed a prototype to test eye-tracking authentication.
Eye-tracking technology uses infrared light and cameras. The light reflects off the surface of the eyeball back to the camera when a user`s eye is following a dot or words on the computer screen. The tracking device picks up the unique way each person`s eye moves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened