Facebook acquires `SportStream` in real-time content race with Twitter
Washington: Social-network giant Facebook has acquired social startup SportStream in a bid to compete with Twitter as a source of real-time information and conversation around major events.
SportStream, launched in June 2012 and owned by entrepreneur Paul Allen, aggregates social chatter and updates in a personalized social feed for sports fans.
According to the report, the SportsBase platform lets media partners, including teams, leagues, individual athletes, and media outlets, create their own social media-fueled experiences, both for fans and for their own insight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air