Facebook acquires `SportStream` in real-time content race with Twitter
Washington: Social-network giant Facebook has acquired social startup SportStream in a bid to compete with Twitter as a source of real-time information and conversation around major events.
SportStream, launched in June 2012 and owned by entrepreneur Paul Allen, aggregates social chatter and updates in a personalized social feed for sports fans.
According to the report, the SportsBase platform lets media partners, including teams, leagues, individual athletes, and media outlets, create their own social media-fueled experiences, both for fans and for their own insight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks