Facebook acquires `SportStream` in real-time content race with Twitter
Washington: Social-network giant Facebook has acquired social startup SportStream in a bid to compete with Twitter as a source of real-time information and conversation around major events.
SportStream, launched in June 2012 and owned by entrepreneur Paul Allen, aggregates social chatter and updates in a personalized social feed for sports fans.
According to the report, the SportsBase platform lets media partners, including teams, leagues, individual athletes, and media outlets, create their own social media-fueled experiences, both for fans and for their own insight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply