Facebook acquires `SportStream` in real-time content race with Twitter
Washington: Social-network giant Facebook has acquired social startup SportStream in a bid to compete with Twitter as a source of real-time information and conversation around major events.
SportStream, launched in June 2012 and owned by entrepreneur Paul Allen, aggregates social chatter and updates in a personalized social feed for sports fans.
According to the report, the SportsBase platform lets media partners, including teams, leagues, individual athletes, and media outlets, create their own social media-fueled experiences, both for fans and for their own insight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Mayawati-Dayashankar Singh row: BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP today
- Delhi Police arrests DP Yadav in connection with betting racket
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...