Facebook assures users of fixing bug
London: Social networking giant Facebook has promised it users to fix a bug, which reportedly deleted email contacts from their mobile phones.
According to The Telegraph, the bug, which deleted people’s contacts and replaced them with those who have @facebook.com email addresses, has affected some people who activated the Facebook ‘contact sync’ feature on Android and Blackberry phones, and has also affected those running beta versions of Microsoft Windows Phone 8 and Apple’s latest operating system iOS6.
However, the firm has promised to resolve the issue ‘soon’, but has not revealing how many people had been affected by the bug.
The problem follows hot on the heels of the social network site angering its members last week by changing the email address displayed on their profile to one ending in “@facebook.com” without notice.
Facebook said the change to email addresses, which was made over the weekend without notice, was designed to “make them consistent across our site."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it