Facebook assures users of fixing bug
London: Social networking giant Facebook has promised it users to fix a bug, which reportedly deleted email contacts from their mobile phones.
According to The Telegraph, the bug, which deleted people’s contacts and replaced them with those who have @facebook.com email addresses, has affected some people who activated the Facebook ‘contact sync’ feature on Android and Blackberry phones, and has also affected those running beta versions of Microsoft Windows Phone 8 and Apple’s latest operating system iOS6.
However, the firm has promised to resolve the issue ‘soon’, but has not revealing how many people had been affected by the bug.
The problem follows hot on the heels of the social network site angering its members last week by changing the email address displayed on their profile to one ending in “@facebook.com” without notice.
Facebook said the change to email addresses, which was made over the weekend without notice, was designed to “make them consistent across our site."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer