Facebook bans Social Roulette app
London: Facebook has blocked an app that is offering users a one-in-six chance of deleting their account.
The new app called the Social Roulette has mimicked the lethal game of Russian Roulette, in which players spin the cylinder of a revolver hoping to avoid the one loaded chamber.
According to the BBC, its developers said that the app was brought to Facebook`s attention by an automated system that deals with `negative user experience`.
The Social Roulette website said the app may suit people `looking for the opportunity to start fresh` or those `just seeking cheap thrills at the expense of your social network`, the report said.
While the app accepted that permanently deleting a Facebook account is very difficult, it promised to `completely remove all your posts, friends, apps, likes, photos and games before completely deactivating it`.
Eden Zoller, an analyst at research firm Ovum, however said the existing platform policy had `scope to ban apps which pose a competitive threat to Facebook`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death