Facebook becomes Google’s advertising ally
San Francisco: Google-owned online ad-placing service DoubleClick on Friday announced that the way has been cleared to include space at Facebook.
Google had previously been shut out of the social network`s advertising network, with no reasons given for the exclusion or the change of heart.
Word that the Internet titan`s online advertising reach would extend to Facebook came as Google shares breached $1,000 for the first time.
Google stock was priced at $1,011.41 at the close of the Nasdaq on Friday and continued to climb in after-market trades.
Facebook shares also hit a new all-time high on Friday and closed at $54.22 a share.
"Partnership has been key to Google`s success as a rising tide lifts all boats," DoubleClick senior product manager Payam Shodjai said in a blog post.
"So we`re excited to announce a new way to help our clients succeed by working with Facebook to participate in FBX, their real-time bidding exchange."
DoubleClick Bid Manager is a way for marketers to buy online ad space at websites across the Internet.
Prior to Friday, Facebook did not permit the Google-owned service to sell ad space at the world`s leading social network.
"Starting in a few months, clients will be able to buy inventory on FBX via DoubleClick Bid Manager," Shodjai said.
Shares of Internet search and advertising titan Google soared past the $1,000 mark after a quarterly earnings report showed that it was smoothly building its presence in the mobile area while advertising earnings rose all around, with particular help from Google`s YouTube website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in