Facebook buys start-up Friend.ly
New York: Social networking site Facebook has acquired Friend.ly, a social question-and-answer service, for an undisclosed amount.
The two-year-old start-up, Friend.ly, has designed an app for Facebook that helps users pose questions to online friends.
Friend.ly announced about the buyout on Monday in a blog post. However, it did not give the financial details of the transaction.
Friend.ly said it will focus on new projects at Facebook, but will continue to operate as a separate service.
"We are excited about this because we feel the spirit of Friend.ly aligns well with Facebook`s vision and we are thrilled to be joining such an innovative company. The
Friend.ly team will be focusing on new projects at Facebook, but friend.ly will continue to operate as a separate service," the start-up firm said.
Friend.ly, a California-based company, has 10 employees, while Facebook has about 2,000.
It seems that Facebook is on an acquisition spree and is believed to made 10 purchases last year. In 2009, it made just one acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested