Facebook clarifies controversial `psychology experiment`
Washington: Facebook has clarified their act of `altering users` content` by saying that they care about the emotional impact of Facebook and the people that use the product.
Facebook data scientist and co-author of the study Adam Kramer said that they felt that it was important to investigate the common worry that seeing friends post positive content leads to people feeling negative or left out. At the same time, they were concerned that exposure to friends` negativity might lead people to avoid visiting Facebook, The Verge reported.
The study was carried out on 0.04 percent of Facebook users, which is equal to hundreds of thousands of people, for one week in 2012.
Kramer added that the goal of the experiment was never to upset anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad