Facebook clarifies controversial `psychology experiment`
Washington: Facebook has clarified their act of `altering users` content` by saying that they care about the emotional impact of Facebook and the people that use the product.
Facebook data scientist and co-author of the study Adam Kramer said that they felt that it was important to investigate the common worry that seeing friends post positive content leads to people feeling negative or left out. At the same time, they were concerned that exposure to friends` negativity might lead people to avoid visiting Facebook, The Verge reported.
The study was carried out on 0.04 percent of Facebook users, which is equal to hundreds of thousands of people, for one week in 2012.
Kramer added that the goal of the experiment was never to upset anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'