Facebook clarifies controversial `psychology experiment`
Washington: Facebook has clarified their act of `altering users` content` by saying that they care about the emotional impact of Facebook and the people that use the product.
Facebook data scientist and co-author of the study Adam Kramer said that they felt that it was important to investigate the common worry that seeing friends post positive content leads to people feeling negative or left out. At the same time, they were concerned that exposure to friends` negativity might lead people to avoid visiting Facebook, The Verge reported.
The study was carried out on 0.04 percent of Facebook users, which is equal to hundreds of thousands of people, for one week in 2012.
Kramer added that the goal of the experiment was never to upset anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor