Facebook clarifies controversial `psychology experiment`
Washington: Facebook has clarified their act of `altering users` content` by saying that they care about the emotional impact of Facebook and the people that use the product.
Facebook data scientist and co-author of the study Adam Kramer said that they felt that it was important to investigate the common worry that seeing friends post positive content leads to people feeling negative or left out. At the same time, they were concerned that exposure to friends` negativity might lead people to avoid visiting Facebook, The Verge reported.
The study was carried out on 0.04 percent of Facebook users, which is equal to hundreds of thousands of people, for one week in 2012.
Kramer added that the goal of the experiment was never to upset anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online