Facebook co-founder backed company launches `Face Match` software
New York: ID credentials management company Jumio, which is backed by investors like Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin and Citi Ventures, has launched `Face Match` software that assesses the extent to which a photo on an ID used for online transaction matches customer`s actual face.
"This new capability helps Jumio`s Netverify customers assess the extent to which a photo on an ID presented during a mobile or online transaction matches the customer`s actual face," Jumio said in a statement.
The California-based company offers payments and ID scanning & validation products for mobile and web transactions.
Its products are used by retailers, marketplaces and financial institutions and offers real-time ID verification of passports, driver licenses and government-issued ID cards issued by various countries, including India.
On the launch of the new technology, Saverin tweeted: "Congrats to the Jumio team for the launch of FaceMatch! Proud to be an early investor and director."
Face recognition technology is one the fastest biometric technology and is used by various governments, organisations and leading technology companies.
Social networking giant Facebook also uses face recognition technology that helps its user to tag his friends in a photo. Facebook had acquired Israeli start-up face.Com in 2012 to add the facial recognition technology to its features.
Commenting on the newly launched technology, Jumio founder and CEO Daniel Mattes said, "Our new Face Match technology provides another layer of safety and convenience for Netverify clients."
Jumio`s investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Citi Ventures and Facebook Co-Founder, Eduardo Saverin.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California Jumio operates development centres in Linz and Vienna, Austria and has offices in the US and Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY