Facebook employees `most stressed`: Report
Boston: Employees at social networking site Facebook are the youngest, satisfied and yet the most stressed, among workers at major US technology companies, according to a new report that also said staffers at Google are best paid as compared to those at other tech companies.
Seattle-based research firm PayScale said Facebook employees are the most satisfied and the Mark Zuckerberg-led company had the lowest median age - 26.
It also had the highest portion of female workers at 33 per cent, among nine of the industry`s top businesses.
A typical worker at Facebook is only 26 years of age, compared with a typical age of 36 across the other companies.
Workers at Facebook are the most satisfied with their jobs, while those at Hewlett-Packard are the least satisfied.
The report said while Facebook employees may be the most satisfied with their work, they are also some of the most stressed.
"With a CEO who is 27, it is not surprising to find many who work at Facebook are young, excited to work there and a little stressed out," said Al Lee, director of quantitative analysis at PayScale.
The report said median pay for Google employees is 23 per cent higher than similar workers performing similar roles at other companies.
PayScale`s Technology Company Salary and Job Satisfaction Report examined the characteristics of Amazon, Apple, Dell, Facebook, Google, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel and Microsoft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption