Facebook finally brings out social news reader app `Paper` on iOS
Washington: Facebook has reportedly announced its much-anticipated visual news reader app for iOS.
The app, dubbed `Paper`, is the first one out of Facebook Creative Labs and intends to deliver human and algorithm-curated full-screen articles and photos in categories a user selects like Tech, LOL, and Pop Culture.
According to Tech Crunch, Paper would be launched on the iOS platform to everyone in the US on February 3, just a day before the social networking site turns 10.
Paper is the outcome of CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who had envisioned Facebook to become the `modern day`s newspaper`, fully customized as per the reader`s need.
Once downloaded, the Paper app welcomes with a reimagined interface for the News Feed with the top half of the screen showing big photos and videos, while the bottom half shows status updates and link stories.
Users can swipe from right to left to browse through the stories and tapping on a story would `unfold` it with a delightful animation and lead to take up the full screen where videos auto-play, while pinching the story, folds it back up and returns to the Paper feed.
The report said that users can choose the content of the visual paper by adding sections to it, which include, "Score" (sports), "Headlines" (world news), "Cute" (BuzzFeed-style adorable animals), "Planet" (sustainability and earth porn), among others and users can also share their own stories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban