Facebook finally brings out social news reader app `Paper` on iOS
Washington: Facebook has reportedly announced its much-anticipated visual news reader app for iOS.
The app, dubbed `Paper`, is the first one out of Facebook Creative Labs and intends to deliver human and algorithm-curated full-screen articles and photos in categories a user selects like Tech, LOL, and Pop Culture.
According to Tech Crunch, Paper would be launched on the iOS platform to everyone in the US on February 3, just a day before the social networking site turns 10.
Paper is the outcome of CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who had envisioned Facebook to become the `modern day`s newspaper`, fully customized as per the reader`s need.
Once downloaded, the Paper app welcomes with a reimagined interface for the News Feed with the top half of the screen showing big photos and videos, while the bottom half shows status updates and link stories.
Users can swipe from right to left to browse through the stories and tapping on a story would `unfold` it with a delightful animation and lead to take up the full screen where videos auto-play, while pinching the story, folds it back up and returns to the Paper feed.
The report said that users can choose the content of the visual paper by adding sections to it, which include, "Score" (sports), "Headlines" (world news), "Cute" (BuzzFeed-style adorable animals), "Planet" (sustainability and earth porn), among others and users can also share their own stories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read