Facebook hashtag fails to take off?
New York: This ain`t Twitter, hashtags don`t work here!
Using hashtags in Facebook posts may be a fun strategy for companies trying to grab the attention of consumers, however, it doesn`t appear to be paying off, a new study has claimed.
The study by a social media analytics firm showed that although 20 per cent of Facebook posts among top brands now include hashtags, however, there is no evidence that such tactics is influencing their engagement.
Hashtags provide users a way to group messages of similar content.
Researchers show that posts using the newly introduced hashtags perform only as well as those without it, suggesting that users are not yet finding brand posts by their tags.
The study showed that visual content is by far the primary driver for engagement on Facebook.
Pictures posted by top brands average more than 9,400 engagements, which includes likes, comments and shares, per post, while videos average more than 2,500, `BusinessNewsDaily` reported.
Researchers said when it comes to text posts, brands must walk a fine line.
Analysis of more than 500 status updates from the top brands shows that the longer a status update is, the less engagement it typically receives.
However, if a status update is too short, less than 50 characters, it may not be long enough to capture viewers` attention or provide the necessary context to drive the number of likes, shares and comments a company would like.
"For most brands, Facebook is no longer just a network; it has become the hub of their social marketing efforts and one of the most effective ways to engage with fans," said Adam Schoenfeld, CEO of the firm Simply Measured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged