Facebook hires hacker sued by Sony for hacking `PlayStation 3`
London: Social network Facebook has hired a computer hacker who was recently sued by Sony for hacking the online game system PlayStation 3.
Facebook, however, did not reveal what 21-year-old George Hotz will do for the firm.
Hotz - also known by the alias "GeoHot" - gained notoriety in 2008 when he developed a software for unlocking the iPhone and allowing it to be used by other networks, the report said.
He also released instructions on Sony PlayStation 3 that helped owners modify their consoles to run unauthorised applications and pirated games.
After Sony sued Hotz, hacker group Anonymous retaliated by bombarding the firm`s servers.
They also broke into Sony`s systems and stole personal information from online accounts of 100 million customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY