Facebook hires hacker sued by Sony for hacking `PlayStation 3`
London: Social network Facebook has hired a computer hacker who was recently sued by Sony for hacking the online game system PlayStation 3.
Facebook, however, did not reveal what 21-year-old George Hotz will do for the firm.
Hotz - also known by the alias "GeoHot" - gained notoriety in 2008 when he developed a software for unlocking the iPhone and allowing it to be used by other networks, the report said.
He also released instructions on Sony PlayStation 3 that helped owners modify their consoles to run unauthorised applications and pirated games.
After Sony sued Hotz, hacker group Anonymous retaliated by bombarding the firm`s servers.
They also broke into Sony`s systems and stole personal information from online accounts of 100 million customers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed