Facebook hires hacker sued by Sony for hacking `PlayStation 3`
London: Social network Facebook has hired a computer hacker who was recently sued by Sony for hacking the online game system PlayStation 3.
Facebook, however, did not reveal what 21-year-old George Hotz will do for the firm.
Hotz - also known by the alias "GeoHot" - gained notoriety in 2008 when he developed a software for unlocking the iPhone and allowing it to be used by other networks, the report said.
He also released instructions on Sony PlayStation 3 that helped owners modify their consoles to run unauthorised applications and pirated games.
After Sony sued Hotz, hacker group Anonymous retaliated by bombarding the firm`s servers.
They also broke into Sony`s systems and stole personal information from online accounts of 100 million customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you