Facebook Home downloaded 500,000 times since April 4
Washington: Facebook`s new Home app, which was launched on April 4 exclusively for Android phones, has been downloaded over 500,000 times from the Google Play store.
The free-to-download app replaces the phone`s home screen with a Facebook feed and chat options.
The app, however, received mixed reviews from users, with an average rating of 2.2 out of five stars, the BBC reports.
Some of the 11,000 reviews left for the app on Google Play mention issues with battery life and there are complaints that once Facebook Home is installed, widgets, which can be used on Android phones to customise other applications, does not work.
Just over half of those rating the app gave it just one star, while about 1,800 gave it a top score of five stars, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'