Facebook Home downloaded 500,000 times since April 4
Washington: Facebook`s new Home app, which was launched on April 4 exclusively for Android phones, has been downloaded over 500,000 times from the Google Play store.
The free-to-download app replaces the phone`s home screen with a Facebook feed and chat options.
The app, however, received mixed reviews from users, with an average rating of 2.2 out of five stars, the BBC reports.
Some of the 11,000 reviews left for the app on Google Play mention issues with battery life and there are complaints that once Facebook Home is installed, widgets, which can be used on Android phones to customise other applications, does not work.
Just over half of those rating the app gave it just one star, while about 1,800 gave it a top score of five stars, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter