Facebook Home downloaded 500,000 times since April 4
Washington: Facebook`s new Home app, which was launched on April 4 exclusively for Android phones, has been downloaded over 500,000 times from the Google Play store.
The free-to-download app replaces the phone`s home screen with a Facebook feed and chat options.
The app, however, received mixed reviews from users, with an average rating of 2.2 out of five stars, the BBC reports.
Some of the 11,000 reviews left for the app on Google Play mention issues with battery life and there are complaints that once Facebook Home is installed, widgets, which can be used on Android phones to customise other applications, does not work.
Just over half of those rating the app gave it just one star, while about 1,800 gave it a top score of five stars, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid