Facebook introduces Anonymous Login, lets users limit data shared with apps
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking a step forward to ensure data privacy, Facebook on Wednesday introduced a new version of login system for users which allows them to filter how much information they want to share with third-party mobile apps.
The best part about the new features is the option for `Anonymous Login` which allows its users try an app without sharing any of their personal information from the social network.
On Wednesday, the social network also rolled out a new service to distribute ads across a network of mobile applications, opening the door to a new source of revenue.
The service, which has been in the works for some time, allows mobile-app makers to insert various ads within their software, with Facebook sharing advertising dollars with the developers.
(With Agencies inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference