Facebook introduces Anonymous Login, lets users limit data shared with apps
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking a step forward to ensure data privacy, Facebook on Wednesday introduced a new version of login system for users which allows them to filter how much information they want to share with third-party mobile apps.
The best part about the new features is the option for `Anonymous Login` which allows its users try an app without sharing any of their personal information from the social network.
On Wednesday, the social network also rolled out a new service to distribute ads across a network of mobile applications, opening the door to a new source of revenue.
The service, which has been in the works for some time, allows mobile-app makers to insert various ads within their software, with Facebook sharing advertising dollars with the developers.
(With Agencies inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill