Facebook launches job-hunting app
Sydney: Facebook has launched a new application that connects candidates with job vacancies and recruiters on the world`s largest social networking site.
The new service claims more than 1.7 million jobs from partners including Monster Worldwide and BranchOut, the company said on its website.
“Facebook is all about connecting people and we`re thrilled to see developers leveraging our platform to connect job seekers and prospective employers,” Marne Levine, Facebook`s vice president for global public policy, said in a statement.
“By allowing job seekers to view and share job openings based on personalised criteria, like location and industry, the Social Jobs Application builds on our broader effort to help people use social media to find jobs in the US,” Levine added.
The online app follows Facebook`s introduction of the Social Jobs Partnership last year with the US Department of Labor and other agencies, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
According to the paper, the new app by Facebook is a direct challenge to LinkedIn, the popular business social network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31