Facebook launches job-hunting app
Sydney: Facebook has launched a new application that connects candidates with job vacancies and recruiters on the world`s largest social networking site.
The new service claims more than 1.7 million jobs from partners including Monster Worldwide and BranchOut, the company said on its website.
“Facebook is all about connecting people and we`re thrilled to see developers leveraging our platform to connect job seekers and prospective employers,” Marne Levine, Facebook`s vice president for global public policy, said in a statement.
“By allowing job seekers to view and share job openings based on personalised criteria, like location and industry, the Social Jobs Application builds on our broader effort to help people use social media to find jobs in the US,” Levine added.
The online app follows Facebook`s introduction of the Social Jobs Partnership last year with the US Department of Labor and other agencies, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
According to the paper, the new app by Facebook is a direct challenge to LinkedIn, the popular business social network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO