Facebook launches job-hunting app
Sydney: Facebook has launched a new application that connects candidates with job vacancies and recruiters on the world`s largest social networking site.
The new service claims more than 1.7 million jobs from partners including Monster Worldwide and BranchOut, the company said on its website.
“Facebook is all about connecting people and we`re thrilled to see developers leveraging our platform to connect job seekers and prospective employers,” Marne Levine, Facebook`s vice president for global public policy, said in a statement.
“By allowing job seekers to view and share job openings based on personalised criteria, like location and industry, the Social Jobs Application builds on our broader effort to help people use social media to find jobs in the US,” Levine added.
The online app follows Facebook`s introduction of the Social Jobs Partnership last year with the US Department of Labor and other agencies, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
According to the paper, the new app by Facebook is a direct challenge to LinkedIn, the popular business social network.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know