Facebook launches money-making scheme `pay-to-post`
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook has finally launched its `pay to post` service that allows users to highlight or promote posts by paying a small fee.
By paying a small amount users can ensure that information they post on the social network is more visible to friends, family and colleagues.
Facebook was found testing the feature called promoted posts in New Zealand recently, the Daily Mail reports.
The scheme went official with a video on the site explaining how the process will work.
“When you post on your page, it currently may only reach a limited amount of the people that Like your page each week,” a Facebook staffer said via a video posted on the site.
“Promoted posts help increase the people you reach for any eligible post. It`s an easy and fast way to reach more of the people that Like your page and your friends,” the staffer added.
According to the paper, the money-making scheme comes amid controversy over Facebook`s recent flotation on the stock market, and concerns over the value of the social network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you