Facebook launches money-making scheme `pay-to-post`
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook has finally launched its `pay to post` service that allows users to highlight or promote posts by paying a small fee.
By paying a small amount users can ensure that information they post on the social network is more visible to friends, family and colleagues.
Facebook was found testing the feature called promoted posts in New Zealand recently, the Daily Mail reports.
The scheme went official with a video on the site explaining how the process will work.
“When you post on your page, it currently may only reach a limited amount of the people that Like your page each week,” a Facebook staffer said via a video posted on the site.
“Promoted posts help increase the people you reach for any eligible post. It`s an easy and fast way to reach more of the people that Like your page and your friends,” the staffer added.
According to the paper, the money-making scheme comes amid controversy over Facebook`s recent flotation on the stock market, and concerns over the value of the social network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH