Facebook launches new messaging app `Slingshot`, with a twist
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Facebook on Tuesday officially unveiled Slingshot, a new Snapchat-like app, that aims at group sharing, be it a snap or a video.
Just like in Snapchat, a user has to login before starting sharing pics and videos to one or more friends. A user can look at a photo or watch a video for as long as he/she wishes and can later just swipe it away.
Product designer on the Slingshot project, Joey Flynn, said that Slingshot is not a messaging app and it will encourage people to upload more often.
Facebook said for the new app, the list of friends is primarily built from phone numbers, culled from a smartphone`s address book.
The app also includes the ability to turn the flash on and off, a "selfie" feature which turns on the front-facing camera, and also lets users add text, icons or even drawings to the clicked picture.
The app is now available in the App Store and on Google Play.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — As it happened...
- The 'unpredictability' in Kalki Koechlin's film career
- Tricks to preserve wedding attire
- Amitabh Bachchan to bat for girl child rights at Modi's achievement bash