Facebook launches new messaging app `Slingshot`, with a twist
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Facebook on Tuesday officially unveiled Slingshot, a new Snapchat-like app, that aims at group sharing, be it a snap or a video.
Just like in Snapchat, a user has to login before starting sharing pics and videos to one or more friends. A user can look at a photo or watch a video for as long as he/she wishes and can later just swipe it away.
Product designer on the Slingshot project, Joey Flynn, said that Slingshot is not a messaging app and it will encourage people to upload more often.
Facebook said for the new app, the list of friends is primarily built from phone numbers, culled from a smartphone`s address book.
The app also includes the ability to turn the flash on and off, a "selfie" feature which turns on the front-facing camera, and also lets users add text, icons or even drawings to the clicked picture.
The app is now available in the App Store and on Google Play.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal