Facebook launches Twitter-like `reshare` feature with new `FB Paper` app
Washington: Facebook has reportedly introduced a Twitter-like feature that would allow users to share a particular post again with friends and followers.
Similar to the `retweet` feature, Facebook`s `reshare` button has been rolled out with the social networking giant`s new app that is part news feed and part news reader, dubbed `Paper.`
According to The Verge, the `reshare` button is placed at the bottom of any post inside Paper and users can tap an arrow symbol to bring up a Share dialogue and tap on `reshare` to share the post again.
The feature is similar to the `Share on your own Timeline` option on Facebook`s website and the `Share Now` option in Facebook`s mobile apps, but is different because of its one-tap simplicity and its use of the familiar retweet symbol.
Facebook has been borrowing ideas from rival Twitter for tweaking its own site like launching ` hashtag ` and ` Trending Topics` feature.
The company said that it has `no current plans` to roll out the ` reshare` feature on all platforms yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside