Facebook launches Twitter-like `reshare` feature with new `FB Paper` app
Washington: Facebook has reportedly introduced a Twitter-like feature that would allow users to share a particular post again with friends and followers.
Similar to the `retweet` feature, Facebook`s `reshare` button has been rolled out with the social networking giant`s new app that is part news feed and part news reader, dubbed `Paper.`
According to The Verge, the `reshare` button is placed at the bottom of any post inside Paper and users can tap an arrow symbol to bring up a Share dialogue and tap on `reshare` to share the post again.
The feature is similar to the `Share on your own Timeline` option on Facebook`s website and the `Share Now` option in Facebook`s mobile apps, but is different because of its one-tap simplicity and its use of the familiar retweet symbol.
Facebook has been borrowing ideas from rival Twitter for tweaking its own site like launching ` hashtag ` and ` Trending Topics` feature.
The company said that it has `no current plans` to roll out the ` reshare` feature on all platforms yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot