Facebook launches Twitter-like `reshare` feature with new `FB Paper` app
Washington: Facebook has reportedly introduced a Twitter-like feature that would allow users to share a particular post again with friends and followers.
Similar to the `retweet` feature, Facebook`s `reshare` button has been rolled out with the social networking giant`s new app that is part news feed and part news reader, dubbed `Paper.`
According to The Verge, the `reshare` button is placed at the bottom of any post inside Paper and users can tap an arrow symbol to bring up a Share dialogue and tap on `reshare` to share the post again.
The feature is similar to the `Share on your own Timeline` option on Facebook`s website and the `Share Now` option in Facebook`s mobile apps, but is different because of its one-tap simplicity and its use of the familiar retweet symbol.
Facebook has been borrowing ideas from rival Twitter for tweaking its own site like launching ` hashtag ` and ` Trending Topics` feature.
The company said that it has `no current plans` to roll out the ` reshare` feature on all platforms yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world