Facebook launches Twitter-like `reshare` feature with new `FB Paper` app
Washington: Facebook has reportedly introduced a Twitter-like feature that would allow users to share a particular post again with friends and followers.
Similar to the `retweet` feature, Facebook`s `reshare` button has been rolled out with the social networking giant`s new app that is part news feed and part news reader, dubbed `Paper.`
According to The Verge, the `reshare` button is placed at the bottom of any post inside Paper and users can tap an arrow symbol to bring up a Share dialogue and tap on `reshare` to share the post again.
The feature is similar to the `Share on your own Timeline` option on Facebook`s website and the `Share Now` option in Facebook`s mobile apps, but is different because of its one-tap simplicity and its use of the familiar retweet symbol.
Facebook has been borrowing ideas from rival Twitter for tweaking its own site like launching ` hashtag ` and ` Trending Topics` feature.
The company said that it has `no current plans` to roll out the ` reshare` feature on all platforms yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- China telecom giant Huawei first half revenue up 40%
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India