Facebook log-in used 850 million times/month to be tweaked for sharing requests
Washington: Social media giant Facebook is reportedly logged in by users for as many as 850 million times a month and now the developers intend to separate the service from the earlier single-login process for other subscription services.
Earlier Facebook allowed users to sign in to services with the same e-mail addresses and passwords they use to log into the social network making it easier to sign-in for other services.
However, with the latest tweak, would let users to sign up for other services without getting updates on their personal profiles with varied identification process.
According to Washington Post, Facebook with the latest tweak intends to limit inadvertent over sharing on the users` personal profiles of updates from subscription services.
The site has also bumped up the speed of the log-in service by making loading up Facebook Login 31 percent faster than it had been in the past.
The chief executive of Gigya, a social login firm that works with clients including Facebook and Google, Patrick Salyer said that Facebook is the primary identity provider on the Web in terms of market share and the reason for that is sites are choosing them as a primary authentication provider is because they`re personalizing the experience on sites, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested