Facebook makes Instagram videos, photos embeddable
Washington: Social media giant Facebook`s recently acquired Instagram, starting today will allow users `embed` their videos and photos and make them shareable on websites and blogs.
According to an English news website, when a user will view an Instagram video or photo, there will be a ` share ` button which will bring an embed code, which can then be pasted on a blog or website article and the video or photo will appear right on the webpage.
Instagram will follow the account privacy settings and only public videos and photos will display the embed feature and allow them to be put on public websites, additionally it will show the user`s name with the embedded content.
Facebook had launched the video feature in the last month and since then there had been requests for an ` embedding` feature, which was already followed by microbloging site Twitter`s ` Vine` app.
Journalism experts believe that the new feature could become the next big story-telling mode for news organizations with which they can enhance their stories, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets