Facebook makes Instagram videos, photos embeddable
Washington: Social media giant Facebook`s recently acquired Instagram, starting today will allow users `embed` their videos and photos and make them shareable on websites and blogs.
According to an English news website, when a user will view an Instagram video or photo, there will be a ` share ` button which will bring an embed code, which can then be pasted on a blog or website article and the video or photo will appear right on the webpage.
Instagram will follow the account privacy settings and only public videos and photos will display the embed feature and allow them to be put on public websites, additionally it will show the user`s name with the embedded content.
Facebook had launched the video feature in the last month and since then there had been requests for an ` embedding` feature, which was already followed by microbloging site Twitter`s ` Vine` app.
Journalism experts believe that the new feature could become the next big story-telling mode for news organizations with which they can enhance their stories, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report