Facebook makes Instagram videos, photos embeddable
Washington: Social media giant Facebook`s recently acquired Instagram, starting today will allow users `embed` their videos and photos and make them shareable on websites and blogs.
According to an English news website, when a user will view an Instagram video or photo, there will be a ` share ` button which will bring an embed code, which can then be pasted on a blog or website article and the video or photo will appear right on the webpage.
Instagram will follow the account privacy settings and only public videos and photos will display the embed feature and allow them to be put on public websites, additionally it will show the user`s name with the embedded content.
Facebook had launched the video feature in the last month and since then there had been requests for an ` embedding` feature, which was already followed by microbloging site Twitter`s ` Vine` app.
Journalism experts believe that the new feature could become the next big story-telling mode for news organizations with which they can enhance their stories, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya
- FDI up 16.5% to $2.46 billion in March
- Gold price cracks below Rs 29,000-mark, hits over 3-month low
- Farooq Abdullah caught talking on phone during National Anthem rendition, triggers row
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism