`Facebook makes Timeline feature compulsory`
London: Social network Facebook has made compulsory its Timeline feature through which all of a user`s photographs and wall posts would be seen by friends on their homepage.
The feature had been voluntary till now and Facebook has given all of its 800 million users a seven-day period to delete content before Timeline goes online, The Sun reported.
Timeline makes everything a person has ever done on Facebook appear on a single screen that scrolls down year by year right back to when the person was born.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg recently said he was convinced people wanted to be able to share their entire lives with one another.
Zuckerberg said Timeline was the "story of your life and completely new way to express yourself".
"Millions of people curate stories of their lives on Facebook every day and have no way to share them once they fall off your profile page," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal