Facebook may launch IPO in May: Report
New York: Social networking site Facebook is expected to launch the much anticipated initial public offer (IPO) in the third week of May, a media report said today.
Citing multiple sources, technology blog `All Things Digital` reported that the long-anticipated public offering of Facebook is now likely to come in the third week of May.
Facebook declined to comment on the IPO issue, it added.
If the social media firm plans to go public in May, then it should file its IPO documents with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) within the next month as the US regulator usually takes about 3-4 months to review the process.
Facebook offering is expected to be one of the largest IPOs -- with reports suggesting that the company will raise USD 10 billion on a USD 100 million valuation.
The site has 800 million users worldwide -- a figure that is likely to hit one billion this year. Besides, its revenue, reportedly close to USD 4 billion in 2011, is expected to be over 30 per cent higher this year.
Facebook`s IPO speculation began in 2009, when the firm modified its stock structure to make a public filing easier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'