Facebook messages to move to messenger app
New York: Smartphone users will soon see their messages disappear from the main Facebook app to the new Facebook messenger.
The change will take place in coming weeks, Mashable reported.
Users have already started noticing the change, but it will not affect all of Facebook`s mobile users.
Only iPhone and Android users will be pushed towards separate apps, a Facebook spokesperson confirmed.
The Facebook app has been prompting users to download Facebook Messenger since April, when the split was announced.
Last week, users who have not jumped on the messenger bandwagon got an email telling them that their messages would be moved over to the Messenger app soon.
Facebook claims that messaging with the new messenger is faster and more reliable.
The social networking site is trying to increase the messengers user base on mobile phones from the 200 million users it currently has.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video