Facebook messages to move to messenger app
New York: Smartphone users will soon see their messages disappear from the main Facebook app to the new Facebook messenger.
The change will take place in coming weeks, Mashable reported.
Users have already started noticing the change, but it will not affect all of Facebook`s mobile users.
Only iPhone and Android users will be pushed towards separate apps, a Facebook spokesperson confirmed.
The Facebook app has been prompting users to download Facebook Messenger since April, when the split was announced.
Last week, users who have not jumped on the messenger bandwagon got an email telling them that their messages would be moved over to the Messenger app soon.
Facebook claims that messaging with the new messenger is faster and more reliable.
The social networking site is trying to increase the messengers user base on mobile phones from the 200 million users it currently has.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police