The social media giant delayed the new policy after a coalition of privacy groups asked the Federal Trade Commission to block the changes on the grounds that they violated a 2011 settlement with the regulatory agency.
Facebook said that the company is taking time to ensure that user comments are reviewed and taken into consideration to determine whether further updates are necessary and they expect to finalize the process in the coming week, the New York Times reports.
The report said that the original proposal has drawn tens of thousands of comments from Facebook users, most of them opposing the changes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you