The social media giant delayed the new policy after a coalition of privacy groups asked the Federal Trade Commission to block the changes on the grounds that they violated a 2011 settlement with the regulatory agency.
Facebook said that the company is taking time to ensure that user comments are reviewed and taken into consideration to determine whether further updates are necessary and they expect to finalize the process in the coming week, the New York Times reports.
The report said that the original proposal has drawn tens of thousands of comments from Facebook users, most of them opposing the changes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai