Facebook not planning to flood News Feed with ads, says COO
Washington: Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has reportedly announced that the company has no plans to flood the News Feed with ads.
Sandberg, along with CFO David Ebersman , spoke at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference and stressed that despite Facebook`s mobile ad strategy paying off well, it doesn`t mean users would see an ever-increasing number of ads in their feeds.
According to Tech Crunch, Ebersman said that the company would not be increasing the quantity of mobile ads as it did in 2013, but it would be experimenting with other things like size and position of the ads to find the right balance.
Sandberg argued that Facebook is `by far the best mobile ad product out there today` because it allows advertisers to reach a broad audience while also targeting specific users.
She stressed that in order to grow the ad business, particularly among big brand advertisers, is measurement, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her