Facebook not planning to flood News Feed with ads, says COO
Washington: Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has reportedly announced that the company has no plans to flood the News Feed with ads.
Sandberg, along with CFO David Ebersman , spoke at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference and stressed that despite Facebook`s mobile ad strategy paying off well, it doesn`t mean users would see an ever-increasing number of ads in their feeds.
According to Tech Crunch, Ebersman said that the company would not be increasing the quantity of mobile ads as it did in 2013, but it would be experimenting with other things like size and position of the ads to find the right balance.
Sandberg argued that Facebook is `by far the best mobile ad product out there today` because it allows advertisers to reach a broad audience while also targeting specific users.
She stressed that in order to grow the ad business, particularly among big brand advertisers, is measurement, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket