Facebook not planning to flood News Feed with ads, says COO
Washington: Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has reportedly announced that the company has no plans to flood the News Feed with ads.
Sandberg, along with CFO David Ebersman , spoke at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference and stressed that despite Facebook`s mobile ad strategy paying off well, it doesn`t mean users would see an ever-increasing number of ads in their feeds.
According to Tech Crunch, Ebersman said that the company would not be increasing the quantity of mobile ads as it did in 2013, but it would be experimenting with other things like size and position of the ads to find the right balance.
Sandberg argued that Facebook is `by far the best mobile ad product out there today` because it allows advertisers to reach a broad audience while also targeting specific users.
She stressed that in order to grow the ad business, particularly among big brand advertisers, is measurement, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn