Facebook overhauls privacy controls
Palo Alto: Facebook has overhauled its privacy controls to fend off mounting criticism
that it is betraying the trust that has made it the world`s biggest social network.
"It`s been a pretty intense few weeks for us, listening to all the feedback coming in from all the changes we`ve made," Facebook`s 26-year-old founder Mark Zuckerberg said as he announced simplified privacy controls.
"Our teams internally have been cranking for the last couple of weeks."
Facebook unveiled a redesigned privacy settings page to provide a single control for content and "significantly reduce" the amount of information that is always visible to
Facebook also said it is giving users more control over how outside applications or websites access information at the service.
"This is a pretty big overhaul to the system we already have," Zuckerberg said while outlining the changes during a press briefing at the social network`s headquarters in the California city of Palo Alto.
"Now we are making it so there is less information that has to be public. People want a simple way to control the way information is shared with third parties, so that is what
we are doing," he said.
The revamped privacy controls will roll out in the coming days.
Facebook last month sparked criticism from US privacy and consumer groups, US lawmakers and the European Union by adding the ability for partner websites to incorporate data regarding members of the social-networking service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar