Facebook planning `big update` to News Feed
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly planning a big update to the News Feed feature.
The firm has sent invites for an event next Thursday, which reads "Come see a new look for News Feed."
According to Fox News, News Feed ads have turned into a significant business for Facebook.
The site`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg had earlier said that the addition of advertising had barely affected user engagement, and the numbers turned out better than they expected.
So it seems only natural that Facebook would want to find a way to better monetize its users in its News Feed, the report said.
What isn`t clear is how much of the update will focus on the mobile news feed and how much will focus on the desktop feed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!