Facebook planning `big update` to News Feed
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly planning a big update to the News Feed feature.
The firm has sent invites for an event next Thursday, which reads "Come see a new look for News Feed."
According to Fox News, News Feed ads have turned into a significant business for Facebook.
The site`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg had earlier said that the addition of advertising had barely affected user engagement, and the numbers turned out better than they expected.
So it seems only natural that Facebook would want to find a way to better monetize its users in its News Feed, the report said.
What isn`t clear is how much of the update will focus on the mobile news feed and how much will focus on the desktop feed, the report added.
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress