Facebook planning `big update` to News Feed
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly planning a big update to the News Feed feature.
The firm has sent invites for an event next Thursday, which reads "Come see a new look for News Feed."
According to Fox News, News Feed ads have turned into a significant business for Facebook.
The site`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg had earlier said that the addition of advertising had barely affected user engagement, and the numbers turned out better than they expected.
So it seems only natural that Facebook would want to find a way to better monetize its users in its News Feed, the report said.
What isn`t clear is how much of the update will focus on the mobile news feed and how much will focus on the desktop feed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends