Facebook planning `big update` to News Feed
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly planning a big update to the News Feed feature.
The firm has sent invites for an event next Thursday, which reads "Come see a new look for News Feed."
According to Fox News, News Feed ads have turned into a significant business for Facebook.
The site`s CEO Mark Zuckerberg had earlier said that the addition of advertising had barely affected user engagement, and the numbers turned out better than they expected.
So it seems only natural that Facebook would want to find a way to better monetize its users in its News Feed, the report said.
What isn`t clear is how much of the update will focus on the mobile news feed and how much will focus on the desktop feed, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy