Facebook reveals `snoop data` requests made by US government
London: Social media giant Facebook has revealed the number of ` snoop data` requests made by the US government in the last year.
According to The Sun, Facebook received up to 10,000 requests to provide data about users on subjects ranging from missing children to terrorist threats .
Facebook`s top lawyer, Ted Ullyot said that after negotiations with the US security officials the company is allowed to reveal only the number of requests made adding that the company is lobbying to reveal more.
In a bid to distance themselves from the US surveillance programme Prism, internet giants Facebook, Google and Microsoft have come together to pressurize the US government to loosen its legal gag on government surveillance orders, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference