Facebook reveals `snoop data` requests made by US government
London: Social media giant Facebook has revealed the number of ` snoop data` requests made by the US government in the last year.
According to The Sun, Facebook received up to 10,000 requests to provide data about users on subjects ranging from missing children to terrorist threats .
Facebook`s top lawyer, Ted Ullyot said that after negotiations with the US security officials the company is allowed to reveal only the number of requests made adding that the company is lobbying to reveal more.
In a bid to distance themselves from the US surveillance programme Prism, internet giants Facebook, Google and Microsoft have come together to pressurize the US government to loosen its legal gag on government surveillance orders, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!