Facebook reveals `snoop data` requests made by US government
London: Social media giant Facebook has revealed the number of ` snoop data` requests made by the US government in the last year.
According to The Sun, Facebook received up to 10,000 requests to provide data about users on subjects ranging from missing children to terrorist threats .
Facebook`s top lawyer, Ted Ullyot said that after negotiations with the US security officials the company is allowed to reveal only the number of requests made adding that the company is lobbying to reveal more.
In a bid to distance themselves from the US surveillance programme Prism, internet giants Facebook, Google and Microsoft have come together to pressurize the US government to loosen its legal gag on government surveillance orders, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident