Facebook rolls out auto-play video feature on mobile site
Washington: Facebook has reportedly rolled out the auto-play video feature on its mobile site that lets plays videos automatically with no sound at first.
The feature was tested in September but has been now rolled out to most iOS and Android devices.
Earlier the videos used to be locked behind a play button and took time for getting loaded, however, the new feature makes the task earlier as the videos load by themselves and do not disrupt either as the sound is by default turned off.
Videos once tapped, expand to full screen and the audio starts, but content uploaded to third-party sites retain the old click-to-play format.
For those who do not want the videos to load automatically, for unnecessarily being charged for the data, can change the settings that play videos only when the device is connected to WiFi and not on cellular data.
The report said that after auto-play videos from musicians and bands, ads would follow, for which, it was rumoured that the the social networking giant could charge as much as 1 million dollars to 2.4 million dollars to distribute a 15-second video ad for a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi