Facebook set to finally launch auto-play video ads in news feeds
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
From this week onwards, Facebook will finally start rolling out video advertisements in its news feed, both on the web and mobiles. The first ad will be a teaser trailer of about 15 seconds for the March release of Divergent.
These ads will play automatically on some news feeds and will be muted unless the sound is activated by the users. After a video is finished, users will be given the option to replay it or choose from other clips from the same marketer.
For mobile users, Facebook promises that videos will be downloaded in advance over Wi-Fi, so even if you`re using mobile data when you first see the advertisement, it won`t cost the users anything in data fees.
"It sounds as if they are doing it in a reasonably sensitive way but if they get this stuff wrong people may stop being active and posting new content," said Alys Woodward, an analyst with research firm IDC.
"The question is do they have rich enough analytics to target ads correctly? It isn`t just about an ad for a film. I care about being sent the correct movie so try and sell me the right thing," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH