Facebook swats bug that disabled accounts
Washington: Facebook said a bug in a system designed to detect fake profiles had disabled a number of legitimate accounts on the social network.
Facebook did not say how many accounts were disabled by the bug, which primarily affected women`s accounts, according to technology blogs.
"Earlier today, we discovered a bug in a system designed to detect and disable likely fake accounts," a Facebook spokesman said on Tuesday.
"The bug, which was live for a short period of time, caused a very small percentage of Facebook accounts to be mistakenly disabled," the spokesman said in a statement.
"Upon discovering the bug, we immediately worked to resolve it," he said. "It`s now been fixed, and we`re in the process of reactivating and notifying the people who were affected."
Facebook has more than 500 million members around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Attention users: New malware commits data theft by the sound of your processor!
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more