Facebook takes down woman`s `too adult` weight loss picture
Sydney: Facebook has reportedly removed a fully-clothed weight loss picture of Marilyn McKenna, wife of former Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna, for promoting "adult content".
After losing 54kg post a lap band surgery, Marilyn, who weighed 120kg six years ago, posted a picture of herself wearing her old baggy pants that fitted both her legs inside one of its own while she held the waist-band out to show weight loss.
According to a news website, Marilyn was asked to remove the picture because it was promoting "idealised physical appearances" and was "policy violating".
Justifying its course of action, a Facebook representative emailed her saying that she was promoting adult content, referring to her photo as a promotional advertisement.
Marilyn followed a strict regime that led to her weight loss. She has been actively documenting it on her Facebook fan page and blogs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj