Facebook takes down woman`s `too adult` weight loss picture
Sydney: Facebook has reportedly removed a fully-clothed weight loss picture of Marilyn McKenna, wife of former Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna, for promoting "adult content".
After losing 54kg post a lap band surgery, Marilyn, who weighed 120kg six years ago, posted a picture of herself wearing her old baggy pants that fitted both her legs inside one of its own while she held the waist-band out to show weight loss.
According to a news website, Marilyn was asked to remove the picture because it was promoting "idealised physical appearances" and was "policy violating".
Justifying its course of action, a Facebook representative emailed her saying that she was promoting adult content, referring to her photo as a promotional advertisement.
Marilyn followed a strict regime that led to her weight loss. She has been actively documenting it on her Facebook fan page and blogs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read