Facebook teams up with FBI to probe `malware attack`
Sydney: Social networking giant Facebook is working with the FBI to investigate a malware attack, a report has said.
Facebook said it was subjected to a `sophisticated attack` by hackers last month, without saying where the attack originated.
Investigators have not found any evidence that user data was compromised, Facebook said on its website.
The malware infected laptops used by Facebook employees when they visited a mobile developer`s website, the company said.
The attack affected other companies, Facebook said, without identifying them, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
It is collaborating on the attack through an informal working group.
The company said it is `working continuously and closely with own internal engineering teams, with security teams at other companies, and with law enforcement authorities to learn everything we can about the attack, and how to prevent similar incidents`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured