Facebook teams up with FBI to probe `malware attack`
Sydney: Social networking giant Facebook is working with the FBI to investigate a malware attack, a report has said.
Facebook said it was subjected to a `sophisticated attack` by hackers last month, without saying where the attack originated.
Investigators have not found any evidence that user data was compromised, Facebook said on its website.
The malware infected laptops used by Facebook employees when they visited a mobile developer`s website, the company said.
The attack affected other companies, Facebook said, without identifying them, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
It is collaborating on the attack through an informal working group.
The company said it is `working continuously and closely with own internal engineering teams, with security teams at other companies, and with law enforcement authorities to learn everything we can about the attack, and how to prevent similar incidents`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes