Facebook teams up with FBI to probe `malware attack`
Sydney: Social networking giant Facebook is working with the FBI to investigate a malware attack, a report has said.
Facebook said it was subjected to a `sophisticated attack` by hackers last month, without saying where the attack originated.
Investigators have not found any evidence that user data was compromised, Facebook said on its website.
The malware infected laptops used by Facebook employees when they visited a mobile developer`s website, the company said.
The attack affected other companies, Facebook said, without identifying them, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
It is collaborating on the attack through an informal working group.
The company said it is `working continuously and closely with own internal engineering teams, with security teams at other companies, and with law enforcement authorities to learn everything we can about the attack, and how to prevent similar incidents`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional