Facebook teams up with FBI to probe `malware attack`
Sydney: Social networking giant Facebook is working with the FBI to investigate a malware attack, a report has said.
Facebook said it was subjected to a `sophisticated attack` by hackers last month, without saying where the attack originated.
Investigators have not found any evidence that user data was compromised, Facebook said on its website.
The malware infected laptops used by Facebook employees when they visited a mobile developer`s website, the company said.
The attack affected other companies, Facebook said, without identifying them, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
It is collaborating on the attack through an informal working group.
The company said it is `working continuously and closely with own internal engineering teams, with security teams at other companies, and with law enforcement authorities to learn everything we can about the attack, and how to prevent similar incidents`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened