Facebook teams up with FBI to probe `malware attack`
Sydney: Social networking giant Facebook is working with the FBI to investigate a malware attack, a report has said.
Facebook said it was subjected to a `sophisticated attack` by hackers last month, without saying where the attack originated.
Investigators have not found any evidence that user data was compromised, Facebook said on its website.
The malware infected laptops used by Facebook employees when they visited a mobile developer`s website, the company said.
The attack affected other companies, Facebook said, without identifying them, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
It is collaborating on the attack through an informal working group.
The company said it is `working continuously and closely with own internal engineering teams, with security teams at other companies, and with law enforcement authorities to learn everything we can about the attack, and how to prevent similar incidents`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match