Facebook testing new ‘slimmer’ Timeline layout
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is testing out a new, slimmer Timeline layout featuring a single column of posts, instead of the current double column.
The test layout keeps the boxes that highlight friends and activities on the right side.
According to Inside Facebook, the firm is currently rolling out the test to a small number of users.
“This is a new design Facebook is testing with a small percentage of people to make navigating timeline even easier,” CNET quoted a Facebook spokeswoman, as saying.
The right hand column keeps the existing boxes such as "Recent Activity," "Friends," "Photos" and "Likes," as well as any app activity displayed by users.
But with the new design, the boxes are a smaller size than posts, the report said.
Below those boxes, the test design features only whitespace where the current design would display more posts, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'