Facebook testing new ‘slimmer’ Timeline layout
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is testing out a new, slimmer Timeline layout featuring a single column of posts, instead of the current double column.
The test layout keeps the boxes that highlight friends and activities on the right side.
According to Inside Facebook, the firm is currently rolling out the test to a small number of users.
“This is a new design Facebook is testing with a small percentage of people to make navigating timeline even easier,” CNET quoted a Facebook spokeswoman, as saying.
The right hand column keeps the existing boxes such as "Recent Activity," "Friends," "Photos" and "Likes," as well as any app activity displayed by users.
But with the new design, the boxes are a smaller size than posts, the report said.
Below those boxes, the test design features only whitespace where the current design would display more posts, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England