Facebook testing ‘self-destructible’ messages app
Sydney: Social networking giant Facebook is currently testing a new messaging app that would allow users to send ‘sexts’, or sexually explicit content, a report has claimed.
The new feature will be Facebook’s own in-house version of a “Snapchat-like” application, which allows users to send pictures and videos that disappear after a set time period.
According to All Things D, sources claim that Facebook plans to launch the app in the coming weeks, sometime before the end of the year.
Like Messenger and Camera, Facebook’s new app is standalone and separate from the main Facebook app, the tech blog said.
Snapchat rose to prominence over the last year due to its capacity for sending private, “self-destructable” messages.
A user can send a photo message to another friend inside the service, choosing the amount of time that the photo will be available for viewing (usually a matter of seconds).
After the user views the photo message for the allotted amount of time, the photo deletes itself from the sender’s phone and the receiver’s phone, and Snapchat deletes the message from its servers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?