Facebook testing ‘sound alert system’ for notifications
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly testing a new feature that emits a ping sound when a user writes on your Timeline, sends you a message or invites you to an event.
“We are currently testing a sound with notifications,” a Facebook spokesperson said.
“It’s only testing with a small percentage of people and it can be controlled from the Account Settings page,” the spokesperson added.
According to Mashable, the test was first spotted by a VentureBeat reporter whose profile page was among the test audience.
The writer posted a video and noted he “hates” it already.
We can assume many others will not be pleased to hear a constant stream of sound alerts, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB