Facebook testing ‘sound alert system’ for notifications
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly testing a new feature that emits a ping sound when a user writes on your Timeline, sends you a message or invites you to an event.
“We are currently testing a sound with notifications,” a Facebook spokesperson said.
“It’s only testing with a small percentage of people and it can be controlled from the Account Settings page,” the spokesperson added.
According to Mashable, the test was first spotted by a VentureBeat reporter whose profile page was among the test audience.
The writer posted a video and noted he “hates” it already.
We can assume many others will not be pleased to hear a constant stream of sound alerts, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad