Facebook testing ‘sound alert system’ for notifications
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly testing a new feature that emits a ping sound when a user writes on your Timeline, sends you a message or invites you to an event.
“We are currently testing a sound with notifications,” a Facebook spokesperson said.
“It’s only testing with a small percentage of people and it can be controlled from the Account Settings page,” the spokesperson added.
According to Mashable, the test was first spotted by a VentureBeat reporter whose profile page was among the test audience.
The writer posted a video and noted he “hates” it already.
We can assume many others will not be pleased to hear a constant stream of sound alerts, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'