Facebook testing ‘sound alert system’ for notifications
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly testing a new feature that emits a ping sound when a user writes on your Timeline, sends you a message or invites you to an event.
“We are currently testing a sound with notifications,” a Facebook spokesperson said.
“It’s only testing with a small percentage of people and it can be controlled from the Account Settings page,” the spokesperson added.
According to Mashable, the test was first spotted by a VentureBeat reporter whose profile page was among the test audience.
The writer posted a video and noted he “hates” it already.
We can assume many others will not be pleased to hear a constant stream of sound alerts, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today