Facebook the leader but Google apps hot favourites
New York: Social networking website Facebook is the most used app, but Google apps dominate the top 10 slots when it comes to selecting from over two million apps available in the Apple and Google stores.
Topping the app list is Facebook, being used by 115 million people monthly while Google-owned YouTube comes second with 83.4 million users, said a new study from ComScore, a US internet analytics company.
It also found that people spend more time with apps than with websites.
In third place is the Google Play app - the place for Android users to get new apps, with 72 million users monthly.
At fourth place is Google search app with 70 million users.
The personalised online radio service Pandora, with 69 million listeners, makes it tio the fifth place, the findings showed.
At sixth place is Google Maps with 64.5 million monthly users navigating their way around.
Gmail is at seventh place, with 60 million users.
While Facebook-owned photo sharing app Instagram with 46.6 million users monthly comes eighth, Apple Maps and Yahoo Finance app take the two bottom slots in the list, ComScore said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan