Facebook tightens privacy setting for new users
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Social networking site, Facebook introduced a new set of privacy controls on Friday.
As per new default privacy settings, posts of new users who begin sharing on Facebook will only be visible to their friends unless they themselves want to share the information to everyone.
Till date, the default setting has led many users to accidentally share their posts with the entire world.
Most recently, Facebook is being sued by a group of parents on whether it can use their children`s images in adverts without consent.
“While some people want to post to everyone, others have told us that they are more comfortable sharing with a smaller group, like just their friends,” Facebook post noted.
“We recognise that it is much worse for someone to accidentally share with everyone when they actually meant to share just with friends, compared with the reverse,” it added.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand