Facebook tightens privacy setting for new users
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Social networking site, Facebook introduced a new set of privacy controls on Friday.
As per new default privacy settings, posts of new users who begin sharing on Facebook will only be visible to their friends unless they themselves want to share the information to everyone.
Till date, the default setting has led many users to accidentally share their posts with the entire world.
Most recently, Facebook is being sued by a group of parents on whether it can use their children`s images in adverts without consent.
“While some people want to post to everyone, others have told us that they are more comfortable sharing with a smaller group, like just their friends,” Facebook post noted.
“We recognise that it is much worse for someone to accidentally share with everyone when they actually meant to share just with friends, compared with the reverse,” it added.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites