Facebook tightens privacy setting for new users
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Social networking site, Facebook introduced a new set of privacy controls on Friday.
As per new default privacy settings, posts of new users who begin sharing on Facebook will only be visible to their friends unless they themselves want to share the information to everyone.
Till date, the default setting has led many users to accidentally share their posts with the entire world.
Most recently, Facebook is being sued by a group of parents on whether it can use their children`s images in adverts without consent.
“While some people want to post to everyone, others have told us that they are more comfortable sharing with a smaller group, like just their friends,” Facebook post noted.
“We recognise that it is much worse for someone to accidentally share with everyone when they actually meant to share just with friends, compared with the reverse,” it added.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena