Facebook to be valued at over $100 bn in 2012
London: Social network Facebook is preparing to allow private investors to invest in the website next year, and hopes its first offering will value the company at over $100 billion, a media report said Tuesday.
The Wall Street Journal said a source familiar with the matter claims Facebook was preparing to launch an initial public stock offering (IPO) next year.
Facebook now reportedly has more than 800 million members, Sky News said.
Facebook`s chief financial officer David Ebersman has discussed a public float with bankers but founder and chief executive officer Mark Zuckerberg has not decided on any terms and his plans could change, the daily said.
The company was started seven years ago by Zuckerberg in a Harvard University dormitory room.
A Facebook representative declined to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack