Facebook to be valued at over $100 bn in 2012
London: Social network Facebook is preparing to allow private investors to invest in the website next year, and hopes its first offering will value the company at over $100 billion, a media report said Tuesday.
The Wall Street Journal said a source familiar with the matter claims Facebook was preparing to launch an initial public stock offering (IPO) next year.
Facebook now reportedly has more than 800 million members, Sky News said.
Facebook`s chief financial officer David Ebersman has discussed a public float with bankers but founder and chief executive officer Mark Zuckerberg has not decided on any terms and his plans could change, the daily said.
The company was started seven years ago by Zuckerberg in a Harvard University dormitory room.
A Facebook representative declined to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss