Facebook to delete decapitation videos following pressure
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Thursday, May 02, 2013, 10:23
  
London: Facebook has said it will delete videos of people being decapitated that are on its site following pressure from charities.

The social networking site said they will remove instances of these videos that are reported to them while they evaluate their policy and approach to this type of content.

According to an English website, the social network had previously refused to ban the clips, saying that people had a right to depict the 'world in which we live'.

The US's Family Online Safety Institute (Fosi) asked the site to delete the video, saying the violent nature of the material had 'crossed a line'.

Charities in the UK had also called on Facebook to reconsider its stance saying the material could cause long-term psychological damage.

The warnings came after a one-minute long video was uploaded to the site last week showing a woman being beheaded by a masked man.

According to the report, a second video clip showed the execution of two men has also been shared on the network.

ANI


First Published: Thursday, May 02, 2013, 10:22


comments powered by Disqus