Facebook to end privacy feature
Wellington: Facebook is reportedly ending a privacy feature that allowed users to restrict who can search for them on the site.
The social media giant said that it was removing that setting that controlled whether users could be found when people type their names in the search bar, as only a single-digit percentage of the total 1.2 billion people on the site were using the setting, stuff.co.nz reports.
Facebook said that those who are concerned about their privacy can use their settings to limit the audience for their posts about themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought