Facebook to find out why you dislike content from news feed
Washington: Social media giant Facebook is reportedly looking at ways to find out the reasons behind users` disliking or hiding some content from their news feed.
Currently, if a user hides a post or feed, the site offers less content related to that. However, with new tweaks to the options Facebook will be able to understand the exact reasons for hiding the content.
Facebook`s Product Manager for Ads Fidji Simo said that the company is planning to refine those options so users can tell exactly the reasons they are hiding that piece of content and added that the company will be testing the new menus and options soon which will be available over the next three to four months.
Simo further explained that users would be able to easily tell Facebook if something was offensive or uninteresting right from the feed stream.
According to the report, hiding ads on the right rail of the site offers options to choose the reasons for hiding something for being uninteresting, misleading, explicit, offensive, or repetitive while for the content in the feed there are no detailed options provided.
Simo said the new functionality will be rolled out for all types of feed posts, including ads and sponsored stories in a bid to help Facebook feed more relevant ads which it hopes users will access more.
Digital media and advertising analyst at the Altimeter Group, Rebecca Lieb said that Facebook`s latest tweaks would be valuable because it will have more information about its users` likes, dislikes and preferences proving beneficial to the business, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17