Facebook to launch Skype-powered video chat?
London: Social networking site Facebook is reportedly planning to team up with Skype to launch a video chat function for its millions of users.
It would mean that Facebook members would be able to video chat live with other members.
The news was reported by technology blog, Tech Crunch, in a story written by its editor, Michael Arrington, the Guardian reports.
“Next week, says a source with knowledge of the partnership, Facebook will launch a new video chat product, powered by Skype,” Arrington wrote.
Rumours about a tie-up between Facebook and Skype have swirled for several years without a finished product emerging.
Another influential tech blog, Mashable, confirmed the story.
“While Facebook and Skype aren`t saying anything officially, our sources confirm that Skype-powered video chat on Facebook will indeed be launching next week,” the website reported.
But this latest round of speculation is given credence by the fact that Facebook`s founder, Mark Zuckerberg, recently announced a major news conference for a new product.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29