Facebook to limit text posts from Pages
Washington: Facebook has reportedly warned page administrators that it would show their text-only status updates to a smaller batch of followers.
News Feed Ranking Product Manager Chris Turitzin said that while the social network site has decided to limit distribution of text status updates, distribution and engagement for other story types may be increased.
Taking in account the preferences and actions of Facebook account holders when it comes to business or creative pages, the company is planning to make suitable alterations to the News Feed, Cnet reported.
The change in formula is in sync with other Facebook improvements that are incorporated time and again by the popular site.
Recently, Facebook made changes in the ranking formula to deliver more news while cutting down on memes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured