Facebook to limit text posts from Pages
Washington: Facebook has reportedly warned page administrators that it would show their text-only status updates to a smaller batch of followers.
News Feed Ranking Product Manager Chris Turitzin said that while the social network site has decided to limit distribution of text status updates, distribution and engagement for other story types may be increased.
Taking in account the preferences and actions of Facebook account holders when it comes to business or creative pages, the company is planning to make suitable alterations to the News Feed, Cnet reported.
The change in formula is in sync with other Facebook improvements that are incorporated time and again by the popular site.
Recently, Facebook made changes in the ranking formula to deliver more news while cutting down on memes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert