Facebook to limit text posts from Pages
Washington: Facebook has reportedly warned page administrators that it would show their text-only status updates to a smaller batch of followers.
News Feed Ranking Product Manager Chris Turitzin said that while the social network site has decided to limit distribution of text status updates, distribution and engagement for other story types may be increased.
Taking in account the preferences and actions of Facebook account holders when it comes to business or creative pages, the company is planning to make suitable alterations to the News Feed, Cnet reported.
The change in formula is in sync with other Facebook improvements that are incorporated time and again by the popular site.
Recently, Facebook made changes in the ranking formula to deliver more news while cutting down on memes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan