Facebook to make timeline feature mandatory from Aug 8
London: Social networking giant Facebook will now make it mandatory for people to use its new profile page Timeline.
Timeline allows members to tell the story of their life on a single page, in less than a week``s time.
Until now, the change to the new-look Facebook has been voluntary, but the site’s 800 million users around the world no longer have a choice as Timeline will be made compulsory from August 8.
According to the Telegraph, users who have yet to switch to the new look are being served a preview of their redesigned profile.
Timeline allows users a much more visually impactful profile and the ability to share the story of their whole lives.
Some users have, however, expressed disappointment over the forced change.
“I’m sorry but this is rubbish. I’m surprised Facebook hasn’t included a compulsory DNA profile section (default to public obviously),” a user said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’