Facebook to make timeline feature mandatory from Aug 8
London: Social networking giant Facebook will now make it mandatory for people to use its new profile page Timeline.
Timeline allows members to tell the story of their life on a single page, in less than a week``s time.
Until now, the change to the new-look Facebook has been voluntary, but the site’s 800 million users around the world no longer have a choice as Timeline will be made compulsory from August 8.
According to the Telegraph, users who have yet to switch to the new look are being served a preview of their redesigned profile.
Timeline allows users a much more visually impactful profile and the ability to share the story of their whole lives.
Some users have, however, expressed disappointment over the forced change.
“I’m sorry but this is rubbish. I’m surprised Facebook hasn’t included a compulsory DNA profile section (default to public obviously),” a user said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends