Facebook to make timeline feature mandatory from Aug 8
London: Social networking giant Facebook will now make it mandatory for people to use its new profile page Timeline.
Timeline allows members to tell the story of their life on a single page, in less than a week``s time.
Until now, the change to the new-look Facebook has been voluntary, but the site’s 800 million users around the world no longer have a choice as Timeline will be made compulsory from August 8.
According to the Telegraph, users who have yet to switch to the new look are being served a preview of their redesigned profile.
Timeline allows users a much more visually impactful profile and the ability to share the story of their whole lives.
Some users have, however, expressed disappointment over the forced change.
“I’m sorry but this is rubbish. I’m surprised Facebook hasn’t included a compulsory DNA profile section (default to public obviously),” a user said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt