Facebook to penalize pages asking for likes, shares
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: This might come as a bad news for all the pages on Facebook who lure and intice users into liking and sharing their content to boost its circulation.Facebook is reportedly planning to punish such pages for the convenience of users.
This move is seen as an attempt by the Facebook to clean up users` News Feed and remove all the unnecessary content.
While there are more and more Pages and friends competing for the finite amount of time people spend reading the feed, increasing competition plus limited attention equals decreasing reach.
Facebook says the algorithm change is in response to user feedback, and hopes to minimize the visibility of content the company considers "spammy."
The social network also said that the vast majority of publishers on Facebook are not posting feed spam so they should not be negatively impacted by these changes, and, if anything, may see a very small increase in News Feed distribution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir