Facebook to release `Graph Search` to garner more info about social circles
Washington: Social media giant Facebook is set to release its updated search feature with `Graph search` tool which allows users to search for information about their social circles.
Although, Facebook launched the feature back in January this year, but had made it available to only a small fraction of its billion-people user base.
However, with the latest updated version, Graph search will be made available in the next few weeks to all those who have set their language to US English, Fox News reports.
Facebook Graph Search lets users find for specific things like friends in San Francisco who are vegan, or friends of friends who like hiking.
According to the report, Facebook plans to notify users that it is `getting easier for people to find photos and other things they have shared with others` along with a reminder that they can modify their privacy settings.
Nicky Jackson Colaco, privacy and safety manager at Facebook said that the goal is to avoid bad surprises, adding that the search tool `indexes information differently than the company have ever been able to do before, in a really positive way.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation