Facebook to remove controversial Sponsored Stories from site in April
Washington: Facebook will be phasing out its controversial Sponsored Stories ad units in April.
Sponsored Stories were Facebook`s more controversial ad units.
The Sponsored Stories repackaged some of users` actions on Facebook and let advertisers sell them to your friends without your permissions, the Verge reports.
For example, if a user checked in at Starbucks on Facebook - the company could then sell that action back to Starbucks and let them insert it as an advertisement.
Facebook is likely happy to finally remove the stories from its site, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad
- OnePlus to open service centres in India, guarantees 1 hour turnaround time
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali pile pressure on visitors on Day 2