Facebook to start `tiered replies` to make conversations simpler
Washington: Facebook is now planning to offer its users the ability to reply directly to others in comment sections, or in simple words, users can start conversation threads.
At present, each time a user comments in reply to someone`s post, their thoughts might be buried beneath heaps of unrelated chatter.
Piecing together just what is being said by who can be a confusing chore, and tagging your conversation partner or partners can only do so much to help.
Facebook is aiming to change that, ABC News reports.
For the feature to be activated on personal posts, a user must have a minimum of 10,000 followers, the report said.
According to Marketing Land, Facebook`s cover image guidelines for pages are also shifting.
A revised set of rules may mean that users would be seeing more marketing in the future, as Facebook`s ban has been lifted for listing websites on cover photos, featuring calls to action on cover photos and integrating arrows that point to the "like" button on cover photos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest