Facebook tracks real-time voters in US election
Washington: Facebook users in the US can let the world know they voted in the US presidential election Tuesday, with results displaying on a real-time map on the popular social networking site.
"This map is a representation of people on Facebook who clicked an Election Day prompt to share with their friends that they`re voting in the 2012 US election," said the Facebook team in a post on the website.
While Facebook masks the identity of which users voted, other information on those who self-reported their trip to the polls is available, such as their age, gender, and geographic location.
Facebook`s team will also use its so-called "Talk Meter" to monitor and measure overall chatter and the most used terms and phrases on the site during Election Day.
Facebook ranks topics on a scale of 1-to-10 and posts results on its US Politics on Facebook page.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love